Add a group on the NetExplorer platform
As an administrator, after creating new users you will be able to integrate them into a new group or an existing one. A group contains several users. It's used to simplify administration tasks and can be delegated to a user who's not an administrator. The notion of group is not mandatory. We recommend it when you have many users and want to simplify administration tasks.
To create a new group
- Go to your NetExplorer platform, Administration section.
- In the Groups tab, select
- Specify the group name you've chosen,
- To add members, click on
- Select membres who'll be part of the group with button
- Click on . Your selected users are added.
- Click on
You have a sales people team with whom you share documents in common. You can create a group called "Sales Department" and add your sales representatives' user accounts.
- Facilitates the documents or files sharing and distribution .
- You save time by indicating to the group and not to each user the access rights and the email alerts.
- Even if rights access to a folder are assigned to a user through his group, you can redefine them by adding or removing rights directly with his user account.
- Once the group has been created, it must be assigned rights. To do this, you must configure the rights access to the group directly on the folders in the LIBRARY.